Sunday, June 21, 2015

Home Page & Navigation

Below is my portfolio website and navigation design. I decided to go with my second design, the stack of books with my monogram across the top. The stack of books are the navigation bars. I didn't want it to be too busy so that is why I left the background white and did the aqua gradient borders on the side. My goal was to keep the design clean and easy to look at. For me a website that is too busy looking turns me off. If there is so much going on you don't know what to look at.






I also wanted to include what one of the pages would look like if opened. So I included the "writing" page. As you will see below the thumbnails for each story are the outlines of books. Once you click on the book it will open that individual story. The arrows below the books shift the books to give you other stories. Below that is a little house shape which takes you back home to the main page.








Below are the images I used.






No comments:

Post a Comment